Paddle from our Bridgeport location at your own pace! Duration 2 Hours About Kayak from our Bridgeport location at your own pace, and choose your own path through the river.
Wateriders Rowing Experience
Up to 5 People • Self-Guided • Row in a Group of Your Own!
- 1 or 2 Person Group
- 3 Person Group
- 4 Person Group
- 5 Person Group
Rowing Kayak Experience in Chicago, Illinois with Wateriders!
Experienced rowers can spend more than 90 minutes on the water rowing in a group or on their own, with on-water support!
- Kayak Chicago with Wateriders, Chicagoland’s original urban kayaks.
- Wateriders Rowing Experience is a 2 hour block. Experienced rowers can spend more than 90 minutes on the water rowing in a group or on their own, with on water support.
- For Beginners, the first experience will involve mastering the basics of sculling, including feathering and squaring of oars and body usage.
- A Concept 2 ergometer will also be used. Once competent to move on the water, rowers will have use of open water shells including the Maas Winged Aero and the Maas 24. No racing shells are used at Wateriders.
- Finally, anyone can learn the magnificent sport of sculling, which translates the most powerful human muscles, legs and back, into power speed and grace. Rowing past a dozing turtle or darting kingfisher on Bubbly Creek offers an unmatched Chicago experience.
- Life Vest
- Paddling Lessons
What to Bring
- Water-friendly clothing and footwear
- One 18+ year old guardian (for signing waiver)