Kayak Chicago with Wateriders, Chicagoland’s original urban kayaks. Kayak through Chicago at your own pace, and choose your own path through the steel and concrete canyons of this beautiful city.
History & Architecture Tour
Paddle Through Downtown Chicago! • Up to 24 People
- Adults Ages 16+
- Kids Ages 15 and Under
Kayak Architecture Tour in Chicago, Illinois with Wateriders!
ENJOY A DAY OF KAYAKING THROUGH DOWNTOWN CHICAGO!
- Kayak Chicago with Wateriders, Chicagoland’s original urban kayaks.
- This relaxing 2 hour kayak tour guides you through the picturesque urban chasm that is the Chicago River as it flows through downtown. Take in the sights and history along its beautifully landscaped riverside promenade, as well as a kaleidoscopic view of some of the greatest American architecture of the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Both benevolent and sinister characters from the past color the narrative of our bustling metropolis which was raised out of a worthless swampland. As a hub of commerce in a westwardly expanding country, the “”City of Big Shoulders”” seemingly had no limits, and was host to a diverse array of people trying to take advantage of the ample opportunities (and each other!).
- Amidst it all, the Chicago River flowed — witnessing a city built up, burned down, and continually revitalized through sheer will, ingenuity, and an often criminal shadiness. Nowhere is the grandeur and grittiness of Chicago better visualized than from the river itself – in the peaceful platform of a kayak, floating mere inches above the same undulating waters that brought it industry and its riches in the first place.
- Life Vest
- Paddling Lessons
What to Bring
- Water-friendly clothing and footwear
- One 18+ year old guardian (for signing waiver)