Kayak Chicago with Wateriders, Chicagoland’s original urban kayaks. Kayak through Chicago at your own pace, and choose your own path through the steel and concrete canyons of this beautiful city.
Paddle to Brew and ‘Cue
Paddle from Downtown to Rockwell w/ BBQ Meal add-on Available • Up to 65 People
- Adults Ages 16+
- Kids Ages 15 and Under
Paddle in Chicago River Illinois with Wateriders!
Paddle from downtown to Rockwell and end your tour with a delicious BBQ meal!
- Kayak Chicago with Wateriders, Chicagoland’s original urban kayaks.
- On Thursdays, leave downtown early (or not) and enjoy a spectacular 5 miles paddle to some of the most wildlife-filled portions of the river.
After downtown, your journey takes you by the sprawling beginnings of the massive Lincoln Yards project and under the elegant red Damen Avenue Bridge
- After Fullerton, sightings of great blue heron and painted turtles are common (especially on sunny days).
- Explore the area around Wateriders’ dock at Rockwell on the river (look for the resident blue heron) and then enjoy an evening on the plaza at Rockwell on the River.
- You can enjoy an add on from Soul and Smoke Barbecue so amazing ‘cue and a brew from them or Metropolitan brewing! You’ve earned it!
- Life Vest
- Paddling Lessons
- BBQ Meal Add-on available
What to Bring
- Water-friendly clothing and footwear
- One 18+ year old guardian (for signing waiver)