Kayak Chicago with Wateriders, Chicagoland’s original urban kayaks. Kayak from our Rockwell location at your own pace, and choose your own path through the river.
One Way Rental (Northwest to Downtown)
5 Mile Paddle • Up to 8 People
- Adults Ages 16+
One Way Kayak Rental Northwest to Downtown Chicago with Wateriders!
A 5 Mile Paddle for the Adventurous!
- Adventurous paddlers will be able to complete a one-way paddle from Wateriders Northwest location (Rockwell) to Wateriders Downtown location (East Bank Club). One-way excursions are recommended for experienced paddlers looking for a new urban adventure. And, as both Wateriders locations are adjacent to Divvy bike-share stops and near public transport, the one-way kayak trip can become part of a day-long adventure.
- Experienced paddlers, in the judgment of Wateriders’ guides, will have the opportunity to enjoy a one-way kayak.
For Every One-Way Group
- Guests will have at least one cell phone in a Ziploc or drybag with a number registered at the departure location.
- Kayaks are equipped with trackers and guests must stay on the river and only exit the boat at designated locations. No kayak may be taken off the river except for emergencies.
- One-way renters may also return the kayak to their departure location.
- Life Vest
- Safety Instructions
- Paddling Lessons
- Dry Bags
What to Bring
- Water-friendly clothing and footwear
- Windbreaking material (if you get cold)
- One 18+ year old guardian (for signing waiver)