Kayak Chicago with Wateriders, Chicagoland’s original urban kayaks. Kayak through Chicago at your own pace, and choose your own path through the steel and concrete canyons of this beautiful city.
City Paddling After Dark! • Up to 24 People
- Adults Ages 16+
- Kids Ages 15 and Under
Kayaking in Chicago, Illinois at Night with Wateriders!
BIG CITY PADDLING AFTER DARK
- Kayak Chicago with Wateriders, Chicagoland’s original urban kayaks.
- Paddle through downtown Chicago after dark! Lit up from within by the street lights and buildings, there is no better way to see the City of Big Shoulders (while you develop a pair of your own!). Reflections in the water, shadowy architecture, and surprisingly good exercise are highlights of this urban excursion.
- After dark, the river becomes much more peaceful, as the hordes of tourists on the large tour boats largely disappear from the river, and the traffic slows significantly. Take in the spectacular sights as you propel yourself through the heart of the city. It is often cooler at night, which offers relief for those of us who fatigue easily in the summer sun. It helps avoid burns, as well.
- Life Vest
- Safety Instructions
- Paddling Lessons
- Dry Bags
What to Bring
- Water-friendly clothing and footwear
- Windbreaking material (if you get cold)
- One 18+ year old guardian (for signing waiver)