Rockwell on the River
Open starting April 30th
Unlike the bustle and excitement of downtown’s dazzling buildings and crowded Riverwalk, Wateriders’ Northwest outpost offers a chance to unwind and enjoy an urban forest bath amidst the trees, birds, and turtles enjoying the revitalized river’s reemerging biodiversity.
Rockwell on the River is an event space and retail/entertainment/office development housing Metropolitan Brewing’s stunning brewpub and patio, Metropolis Coffee’s roastery, a craft distillery and more. Events of all kinds can now add a group paddle to the myriad of options available for weddings, bachelor/bachelorette parties and more. Wateriders has also partnered with Chicago Electric Boat Company to provide a mixed fleet of human and electric powered Good Green Fun!
A kayak journey in and around Belmont offers a respite from the city. The light glimmering off the gently bending stream immerses the paddlers in a peaceful, silent glide through this majestic urban ecosystem. We are so excited to offer our customers another way to recreate and enjoy the mighty Chicago River.
You can now take advantage of your Rockwell Apex pass to explore Chicago’s waters on kayak! Find more details on our Apex Pass page.
Services Provided at Wateriders Northwest Include:
Enjoy a day on the water with friends and family! Camp Natililas is all about bringing the camp experience closer to home. Start the day with a 2-hour outing on the water in your choice of watercraft before returning to shore for games, and other camp classics!
All rentals must be pre-booked and are for a time of two hours. Please contact us if you have any questions!
Kayaks (single & double) – $40 per rider
- Rentals Saturdays and Sundays beginning April 16 (weather permitting).
- Thursday-Sunday starting Thursday May 12th.
- Full week schedule by early June.
- Unlimited paddling available to base Apex pass holders subject to operating hours and other restrictions.
One Way Kayak Rentals
- Rentals from Rockwell on the River to Eastbank Club
- Participants can keep the boats out for up to three hours
- This adventure through Chicago is a great way to enhance paddling skills and enjoy the diverse urban landscape
- Not recommended for first time kayakers
*One-way Logistics: Adventurous paddlers will now be able to complete a one way (5.5 miles), paddle from Wateriders Northwest to Downtown (Eastbank Club), or vice versa. One way excursions are recommended for experienced paddlers looking for a new urban adventure and are available to Wateriders Apex Pass holders. For every one-way group:
- Guests will have at least one cell phone in a Ziploc or drybag with a number registered at the departure location.
- Kayaks are equipped with trackers and guests must stay on the river and only exit the boat at designated locations. No kayak may be taken off the river except for emergencies.
- One-way renters may also return the kayak to their departure location.
As at Wateriders Downtown, we look forward to working with you to tailor a group outing at Wateriders Northwest. Our dock sits directly below Metropolitan Brewing’s magnificent Taproom and outdoor deck (food available there via a delivery app, beer post-paddling please), and the building is also home of one of Chicago’s finest event spaces, Rockwell on the River. We can also work with groups that want a combination of kayaks and electric boats, through our alliance with Chicago Electric Boat Company. Visit our Private Tour page for more information and booking.